Sunday, July 12, 2009

Anonymity

See... it is possible to write and to do so in a complete vacuum. No-one, to the best of my knowledge has read either of the two posts I've lodged here. Isn't that wonderful! I can write whatever I wish, knowing that it will be, in effect, published, but will not be read. What an intriguing inner dialogue. A self-reflective discourse that is potentially public by not. I suspect that there are thousands of blogs out there that aren't read, ever. Is it possible that somebody has written something utterly explosive and that it will forever remain unread in cyberspace? Absolutely! Am I claiming to have written this revelatory piece? Absolutely not!

I don't suppose there's much of a difference between self-publishing on the web and publishing in any other respect. There are thousands of books published that are never read, or have a readership in single digits. Information can be cast out into the big wide world and will simply vanish... what an intriguing thought.

Hmmm... Time to contemplate the vagaries of communication...

No comments:

Post a Comment